Scheduling Your Posts in WordPress
You’re busy — so busy in fact that you’ve probably got enough tasks to keep you busy til the end of time.
But we also know how important it is to write blog posts. It’s how you stay in touch AND in the forefront of your niche’s mind. It’s also a key factor in how much money you make (or not).
So how can you carve out the time to write these posts?
Well, WordPress has a great little tool that will make the job a little easier.
It’s right there in the “Publish” capsule to the right of your editor, and its uses are many.
1. Write a draft and edit it when you have a little time
Perhaps you’ve just thought of something brilliant, but you don’t have the time to write a complete post. You can type that brilliant thought into the editor and save it as a draft. Come back later and it’s still there, reminding you of the post you wanted to write (how often have you had a brilliant thought like that only to forget it because you didn’t write it down).
Add to your brilliant thought and save as a draft once again. Do this as many times as you need until it’s ready for publication.
2. Set your post to publish at a later date (in an hour, a day, a week, nine days…)
You may want a post to publish at a date or time that corresponds with a launch or an event, and this is very simple to do.
- Write your post and instead of clicking the blue “Publish” button, click on the “Edit” link to the right of the “Publish immediately” option.
- You’ll now see a drop-down menu where you can choose the date and time that the post should publish. (I know, it’s like magic…)
- After you’ve chosen the date and time, do NOT click on “Publish” button, but instead select the small gray “OK” button.
- The “Publish” button will then change to “Schedule”. Click that button and your post will go out at the appointed time and day.
3. Spend some time pre-loading posts
Just follow the steps above. If you try to publish a post every week, schedule your posts to publish one each week. If you pre-load just 10 posts, this will free your from having to write blog posts for 2.5 months!
Don’t even have time for pre-scheduling posts? Get some help and outsource this task. Contact me with the form below (the message will go directly to my email inbox). I have affordable monthly packages just for this purpose.