Having a blog to consistently add content to is an absolute necessity for creating an online presence for business
Often people new to blogging aren’t prepared for the effort that goes into creating a successful blog. With the millions of blogs out there, it is actually very difficult to get found online. You’ve got to post content that makes people want come back to your site time after time. Building a blog does not guarantee an audience — it’s your content, and the little tweaks you do to it that will guarantee your success.
Here are 9 simple ways to bring in the traffic to your blog:
- Content – a sure way to lose your readers is to not update with new content. No one wants to visit a site and find the same content day after day.
WordPress Tip: Whenever you find yourself in the midst of a very creative spell, write as many blog posts as you can. You can then post-date them to go out every 2 or 3 days until you run out of posts. Click here to see my Youtube video that shows you how to do this.
- Use Articles to Market Your Site and Business – You’ve (hopefully) chosen your niche because it is something that interests you, and you probably know a lot about the topic. When you write blog posts, think of ways to re-purpose your content so they can be submitted to article directories such as http://ezinearticles.com . Be sure to use the resource box to talk about your site and add a link to your site.
- Social Networking – There are many sites you can join to network with others. There are the Biggies, Facebook, Twitter, Google +, and LinkedIn, but there are others. Popularity waxes and wanes so they change often. Do some research to see where you belong.
- Word of Mouth – Spread the word about your business. Tell everyone including friends, family and strangers alike. Make sure your website address is on your business cards, and hand them out freely.
- RSS Feeds – RSS stands for “Really Simple Syndication” and it is exactly that. You set up an account with Feedburner so that people can subscribe to your blog posts and updates. They receive them through their RSS reader, and he service offers to send them out by email as well. The best part is that you don’t have to do a thing — it is all professionally managed by Feedburner.
WordPress Tip: There is a plugin you can easiily install on your WordPress site that connects to Feedburner where everything is managed for you.
- Forums – start by marketing yourself. Join business forums, work-at-home forums, and any others that might be interested in you and what you have to say, to meet new people and share ideas. You are allowed a “signature” that contains pertinent information about you, including a link to your site.
- Read others’ blog posts – And comment on their posts. This shows others you are not just out to advertise your site, but that you are trying to become part of a community. Most WordPress sites will show your website address in your comment.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – Use relevant keywords and good placement of them in your content. Learn about keywords and other very simple steps you can take to optimize your posts for good Google ranking, as well as making it easy for your audience/clients to find you
WordPress Tip: WordPress sites are naturally optimized for the search engines. All other steps you take are bonuses.
- Social Bookmarking – submit posts to some social bookmarking sites. Members of these sites will be able to track you back to your blog. They really are wonderful for exposure.
WordPress Tip: There are plugins for WordPress that are so simple to install, that allow visitors to your site to submit your posts to the bookmarking sites as well.
Each point has a common theme, and that is that you have to get the word out about your blog by first creating attractive content and secondly, using all means available to get it into the hands of your ideal market. Using any (but preferably all) of these ideas will start the traffic moving in your direction. It takes a bit of time and tweaking, but you can get a loyal following and a great readership.
What tips and tricks have you used to build the loyal following you have to your blog posts? Leave a comment below.
If you are new to online business, or you want to move your existing site to WordPress, contact me. I’d love to help you get your business rolling. Contact me using the form below. It goes directly to my personal email address.
[contact-form-7 id=”3877″ title=”Contact form 1″]